Momentum Mountain Bike Camp
Mountain Bike Sleep-Away Camp!
July 22 – 26 (grade 7 – 9) & July 29 – August 2 (grades 9 – 12)
Ask and you shall receive! Over the past four years of running our Momentum Mountain Bike Day Camp and receiving lots of requests to do a sleep away camp we will be offering one in 2019!
We have taken all the knowledge and experience learned from our day camp and coupled it with all of our over-night multi-day clinics and created an amazing experience for kids.
Our goal in this camp is to create an experience that goes beyond just having a good time on two wheels (however that is hugely important!). We went to create a camp that will leave children feeling more confident, empowered, knowledgeable and independent.
In this year’s curriculum we will be going beyond the bike with expert elective clinics on:
- Introduction to healthy nutrition and cooking
- Action sports photography basics
- Active Stretching AKA Yoga
- Spanish Language Lessons with Middlebury College graduate
- Coaching 101 – How to help to structure your riding to balance longevity and performance
- Bicycle Mechanics
- SAT Prep
All of these clinics are incorporated to help create well-balanced and healthy habits to fuel a long life of fun and industriousness!
At the main stage is mountain biking, and each day campers will receive instruction and ample riding. The rides and instruction will be taking place at Darling Hill, Victory Hill, Moose Haven, Moose Alley and White school areas (depending on ability levels).
All instruction and guidance comes from our instructors who are:
- Background Check Certified
- Wilderness First Aid and CPR Certified
- Kingdom Cycling Certified Skills Instructor
- Ample experience in a camp setting and with children
The price of the camp is $2,000 and includes:
- All mountain bike instruction and riding
- All transportation once the camper has arrived to the camp
- All dormitory style lodging at the Sugar House Villa
- Healthy and home-made Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks (additional riding snacks and after hour snacks not included)
- Goodie Bags
- All additional clinics
See what some people are saying about our camps or clinics!
Frequently Asked Questions
For this camp, participants need to be confident on a bicycle and have some mountain biking experience. Beginner to advanced riders are welcomed and we’ll have ability level appropriate terrain and pace for all.
We have access to bikes of all types and sizes that can be rented for the week at an additional cost.
We would recommend a full suspension mountain bike with disc-brakes to optimize the experience.
All meals will be made in-house and with the assistance of the campers. The meals will focus on well-balanced, healthy, whole foods.
All dietary sensitivities can be accommodated.
7 am – Wake up call
7 – 8 – Breakfast
8 – 845 – Getting ready for the day
845 – 9 – Transportation to KC&E Head Quarters at Darling hill
9 – 12 Morning instruction and riding
12 – 1 Lunch
1 – 3 Afternoon Ride or additional clinic
3 – 4 Transportation back to Sugar House Villa, Cleaning up, Free-time
4 – 5 Afternoon Clinics
5 – 7 Dinner prep and family style dinner
7 – 9 Evening downtime or activities
9 pm bedtime
A Kingdom Trails pass is not included because there are some kids that already have season passes. These passes can be purchased through Kingdom Trails directly. For those kids that will be riding Victory Hill, they will need an additional trail pass for that day.